Happy New Year.
New Year, New Me.
Goodbye 2016, Hello 2017.
Our New Years Eve was probably one of the most uneventful ones yet – and I’m not even sad about it. Waking up on Sunday morning feeling spritely was a real winner.
Here is everything that we did, what I wore, what I put on my face and how I felt about it,
Firstly, I did my hair and makeup. This is the before & after.
These are the magical bits that assisted in creating such a face.
- Aesop Fabulous Face Oil (Juniper Berry, Ylang Ylang & Jasmine Petal)
- NYX Pore Filler
- NYD HD Concealer in CW 12
- MAC Studio Fix Foundation in NW13
- NYX Above & Beyond full coverage Concealer in CJ01
- NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder in EPC06 Blonde
- L’Oreal Brow Artist Plumper in Light/Medium
- Eye shadows from Morphe Palette 35 W
- Rimmel Glam’eyes in 001 Black Glamour
- Revlon ColourStay Eyeliner in Charcoal
- Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara
- Elf Blush Palette in Light
- Australis Contour Palette in Medium
- NYX Liquid Illuminator
- NYX Matte Finish Spray
- Revlon Brushes
For my nails I used OPI Suzi Skis in the Pyrenees and Revlon Woven Clutch. For my earrings I wore these stars from ear mints I received as a graduation gift from my sister in law and I also wore Lush, Breath of God perfume.
- TopShop Joni Jeans in Black
- Cotton on The Crew t-shirt in Grey
- Converse (yes, they’re kids ones)
- Sportsgirl Evita Front Pocket Tote in Black (only available in Blush now)
We went to Yarra Park for the 9:30 family fireworks (after hanging out with our neighbors prior). We had dinner at one of the food trucks there – American Street Food (so, burgers).
We then got the tram home at 10:00pm and it was empty as all the packed trams were still heading in the city.
We arrived home, watched some Friends and went to bed very shortly after the count down to midnight and it was all very wonderful.
I was also very good and look my makeup off before going to bed! I used the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water for my face and the same 2in1 Express Eye-Makeup remover for my eyes.
Have a great new year y’all. I’m already feeling sad that we’re not in New York like we were this time last year – but also very keen for a chilled out year with a job and other normal people things.
I’ll write soon.