Makeup and other beauty products here in the USA are SO cheap – even with our current unfortunate exchange rate. Because of this, I’ve bought quite a bit of makeup while we have been living here.
I’ve never really been into makeup and I probably only wear it once a week or so when we go out for a party or an event. But, since having more spare time and also trying to find activities that I can do without technology – I’ve started enjoying the whole process! I’m still getting used to having more than one option for my lids or my brows – but it’s kind of fun learning about which products and brands I prefer.
While the whole makeup thing is still new to me and I’m still a fresh outta uni gal, I’m only really able to afford drugstore makeup at the moment – but I’m lucky that the quality and range here is so good! When I was planning this post, I thought I could list how much I paid for the items – but some of them I bought a little while ago and some I bought on sale – so I’ll put the price that they currently (14th May, 2016) are at Target without the sale price, so you can have a ballpark figure.
Here are the new items I have bought since being here!
- Elf Blush Palette in Light – $6.09
- NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in 604 Milk – $4.49
- Wet n Wild Eyeshaddow Trio in Walking on Eggshells – $2.97
- Elf 4pc Eyebrow Stencil Kit – $1.00
- NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Antwerp – $5.99
- Wet n Wild Eyeliner in Calling Your Bluff – $0.94
- NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder in Blonde – $5.99
- Wet n Wild Eyeshadow in Brass – $0.94
- Wet n Wild Eyeshadow in Sugar – $0.94
- NYX Concealer Jar in Porcelain – $5.09
- Wet n Wild Eyeliner in Simma Brown Now- $0.94
- NYC Lovatics Eyeshadow Palette in Natural – $6.99
- Wet n Wild Lipliner in Willow – $0.94
- Burts Bees Lipstick in Nile Nude – $8.99
- Elf Perfect Finish HD Powder – $6.00
- Elf Eyelash Curler – $3.00
- Neutrogena Ultra Light Cleansing Oil – $8.99
If you have any questions about the products – feel free to leave a comment below!
Thanks for reading,