I’m on a semi-spontaneous 2 week trip in Costa Rica at the moment. It was originally only meant to be for two days of sitting in a hotel room but now it’s 2 weeks of hotel room + adventuring on a tour.
Because of this, and the nature of the trip, I only had carry on allowance for the two weeks. Packing for me wasn’t as hard as usual as I’ve come from the USA – I didn’t have my full array of clothes and other things i’d usually take on a summer holiday. I have written a post What I Pack in my Carry On Luggage but since all my bags are carry-on so the division of my things wasn’t crucial if I put something in this bag and I needed it on the flights.
So what I’ve packed for is 7 days in basic hotels and the 9 days of adventure-type touring at nicer hotels. A total of 16 days in weather around 30 degrees (celsius) each day with the forecast of rain.
Aside from what I packed in my handbag, this is what else I have bought to Costa Rica with me. I haven’t included underwear or anything else that you don’t really need to see! Details are below.
- ASOS Leather Gladiator Brown Sandals
- Metal Logo Havaianas in Black/Silver
- Peter Alexander Couture Slippers in Black/White
- Nike Free 5.0 Runners (yes, they’re kids size)
- Sneakers (2012 Nike Airs in Gold Grain)
- Cotton On Denim Dungarees
- Board Shorts
- Cotton On Jeggings in Khaki
- Cotton On Jeggings in Black
- New Look Floral Shorts
- Target Orange Shorts
- Blue shirt
- Tommy Bahama shirt – I was so lucky to find this at an op shop in Marina for $6.50. The RRP is over $100!
- H&M Long sleeve hooded top
- Sportshirl black & white t-shirt
- Blue & white singlet
- T-Bar/Cotton On t-shirt
- Lily Loves (Target AU) Utility Shirt in Khaki
- Cotton On grey top
- Yellow h&m jumper
- Green h&m jumper
- Peter Alexander I Sleep With Pyjama Shorts
- Pyjama top (old h&m t-shirt)
- BlackMilk Tiger Swimsuit
- Travel towel
- Plastic Bags
- Extra medication
- Laundry bag
- Travel information
- Scanned copies of my identification
- Selfie stick
Bye for now!